As a Sony Professional Solutions Specialist, WTS is able to offer you specialist training provided by industry experts in partnership with Sony.
Learn on-camera make-up techniques for film, TV and stills that withstand the scrutiny of ultra-high definition. You will gain an understanding not only of make-up application but also lighting and behind-the-scenes on-set knowledge.
What you will learn
Led by a professional make-up artist, this course will teach you on-camera make-up techniques for film, tv and stills that withstand the scrutiny of ultra-high definition.
You will gain an understanding not only of make-up application but also lighting and behind the scenes on set knowledge. A guided workshop of make-up skills from achieving flawless skin finish to creating more dramatic looks.
Gadgets, products, tools and techniques to achieve a make-up look honed to perfection will be discussed, as well as practical advice about launching yourself successfully into the professional field of make-up.
You will experience a fun, relaxed, creative and inspiring atmosphere, as well as a unique opportunity to have digital away with you for your portfolio. You will be able to take away on USB stick photos and short video clips of the ‘looks’ you have created on each model during the course.
- Building a kit, designing kits for particular jobs, hygiene and organisation
- Prep, research, reference materials, and the importance of understanding the job brief
- Understanding lighting and how it effects the look on camera
- Expensive professional products and equipment versus in- expensive/high-street products
- Creating a look that stays put and withstands temperature variations
- Experimenting with different types of make-up brushes and tools
- Immediate and long-term prepping of skin and understanding skin types
- Mastering colour: matching skin tones, colour-correction, concealing imperfections and working with different strengths of pigments
- Mastering contrast: understanding light and shade, sculpting the face with highlight and contour believably and effectively
- Mastering detail: tips and tricks of how to achieve immaculate make-up in extreme close-up. Working with layering of textures for effect on the entire face.
- Experimenting with a variety of looks from natural and character make-up to bridal, vintage, glamour, editorial, catwalk and experimental make-up
- Avoiding make-up mishaps
- On-set make-up versus location work
- Keeping to time schedules
- Working with difficult clients
- Business and professional matters: CV and portfolio building, insurance, invoicing and payments, tax
- Choosing a career direction and networking
- Freelance self-employment versus agency work
Who’s it for?
Aspiring freelance make-up artists with intermediate experience looking to learn and refine skills in the technicalities of on-camera work as well as gain insights of a practical career in make-up.
All necessary make-up, lights and cameras are provided – you don’t need to bring equipment with you. In line with our commitment to environmental responsibility, electronic copies of course documentation are provided for use on the day and to keep afterwards.
How much does it cost?
The Make-Up Techniques Craft Course costs £250 plus VAT (£300 including VAT).